ALSC는 ALA(미국 도서관협회)의 산하기관인 어린이 서비스 위원회로 매년 필수도서를 선정한다고 합니다.
ALA는 1876년 설립된 가장 크고 오래된 도서관 협회라는데 이곳에서 칼데콧과 뉴베리를 주관한다고 하네요.
분명 전에도 쑥쑥에서 이런 정보를 읽었을터인데 또 처음보는것 같으니 보고 또 보고~~
원래 윗글과 합쳐서 6-11세 추천도서로 나온 목록인데 너무 길어서 반으로 잘랐습니다.
6-11세가 대충 초등대상인것 같아 이 부분만 옮깁니다. 다른 연령은 윗글에 링크시켜두었어요.
도서관협회라는곳이 책내용 요약은 왜 이렇게 박하게 해놓았는지...^^;;
1. Stone Fox (4.0 / 500 L) by Gardiner, John Reynolds
10-year-old boy is pitted against an Indian with a formidable reputation in a Rocky Mountain dogsled race. An emotional and exciting book.
2. Aunt Harriet's Underground Railroad in the Sky (4.1 / AD 760) by Ringgold, Faith
In a blend of fantasy and fact, a young girl follows Harriet Tubman and an escaping band of slaves on a remarkable journey along the Underground Railroad.
3. Bunnicula (4.2 / 700 L) by Howe, Deborah
When a baby rabbit comes into the family, Chester the cat decides it is a vampire and tries to warn his family.
4. The Adventures of Captain Underpants (4.3 / 720 L) by Pilkey, Dav
Humorous fast paced adventure featuring an unusual super hero.
5. Charlotte's Web (4.4 / 680 ) by White, E.B.
Wilbur the pig is saved because of Charlotte's care in this heart-warming fantasy.
6. The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (4.5 / 760 L) by Erickson, John R.
Hank is a scruffy, smart-alecky super sleuth with a nose for danger and an eye for the ladies.
7. Anastasia Krupnik (4.5 / 700 L) by Lowry, Lois
For ten-year-old Anastasia, life is full of problems like teachers. boys, a grandmother who does not remember her name, and the arrival of a new baby brother.
8. Harriet the Spy (4.5 / 760 L) by Fitzhugh, Louise
A story about an intensely curious and intelligent girl, named Harriet, who loves to spy on people, keeping her observations in a secret notebook. When Harriet's classmates discover it and begin reading her candid comments about them, she soon finds her world turned upside down.
9. Aldo Applesauce (4.7 / 750 L) by Hurwitz, Johanna
Aldo moves to a new school and learns how to make new friends.
10. James and the Giant Peach (4.8 / 870 L) by Dahl, Roald
An old man gives James a bag of dark green crystals with a promise. Unfortunately, James accidentally drops them near the peach tree, which grows to the size of a house. When he crawls inside, a magical adventure begins to take place changing his life forever.
11. Matilda (5.0 / 840 L) by Dahl, Roald
Matilda overcomes the woes of idiot parents and a menacing school headmistress to help her wonderful teacher, Miss Honey.
12. The Enormous Egg (5.0 / 900 L) by Butterworth, Oliver
Nate discovers a gigantic egg laid by one of the family's hens. However, Nate is unprepared for what hatches out. A triceratops?!!
13. Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH (5.1 / 790 L) by O'Brien, Robert C.
Mrs. Frisby, a widowed mouse with four young children, is faced with a monumental decision - how to move her children safely from their summer quarters immediately or be faced with certain death. Her youngest son is ill and must not be moved. She consults the Rats of NIMH, who devise a brilliant plan of action.
14. Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle (5.2 / 1070 L) by MacDonald, Betty B
Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's cures continue to delight children.
15. Ramona Quimby, Age 8 (5.6 / 860 L) by Cleary, Beverly
Ramona enters third grade with humorous results.
16. Mr. Popper's Penguins (5.6 / 910 L) by Atwater, Richard
Mr. Popper's life is changed forever when he receives an unexpected delivery of an Antarctic penguin.
17. Ben and Me: a New and Astonishing Life of Benjamin Franklin as Written by His Good Mouse Amos (6.9 / 1010 L) by Lawson, Robert
In this humorous tale, readers will discover that while Ben Franklin received considerable credit for many inventions, it was really Amos, a less-than-humble rodent, who originated these discoveries.